I love shopping, especially online shopping. It's easy and convenient, especially when stores offer free or discounted shipping, and easy returns. I've had a few requests, so I decided to compile a list of my favourite online sources for beauty, clothing, gifts, and housewares. The majority of the shops listed are Canadian. All of these sources listed charge in Canadian dollars and ship within Canada. No need to stress about exchange rates or customs charges.
Beauty & Cosmetics
- Beauty Boutique by Shoppers Drug Mart - Formerly Murale.ca, Beauty Boutique is a new way to shop for your favourite niche brands from the comfort of your home. Free shipping on orders over $75 and free returns in-store.
- Hudson's Bay - One of the few Canadian online sources for M.A.C., and other high end brands like Guerlain, NARS, Bobbi Brown, and more. Free shipping on beauty orders of $49+.
- Kiss & Makeup Apothecary - A small boutique cosmetics and beauty shop located in North Vancouver. They carry a lot of local and Canadian brands. Free shipping on $100+.
- L'Occitane En Provence - Home of my all time favourite hand cream. Prices in Canadian dollars. Free shipping with $99+ purchase.
- Sephora - The original candy store for makeup lovers. Prices in Canadian dollars. Free shipping with $50+ purchase. Free returns by mail or in store. Regular sales and free gift-with-purchase promos.
- Well.ca - Canada's online destination for health, home, baby, and beauty. They have a huge selection of natural and green products. They are also one of the few Canadian sources for Honest Co. products. Free shipping on orders of $29+. I order from Well.ca nearly every month. Until January 30, 2017 - save $10 off an order of $40+ using code cdnbox1
- Aldo Shoes - First opened in Montreal in 1972, Aldo is now in cities across North America. A great place for classic or trendy styles. Free shipping over $70.
- Banana Republic - Along with Gap and Old Navy, BR offers free shipping on orders over $50 and free returns by mail. I love BR for work appropriate attire. Although on the pricey side, the end of season sales are always great, especially when you add in a promo code (offered regularly).
- Beyond the Rack - It's the Canadian "flash sale" site (similar to Zulily and Hautelook in the US). Canadian members are charged in Canadian dollars. Most packages ship from their Montreal warehouse. It's a great place for discounted designer handbags. I've also found fantastic dresses at great prices.
- Dress911 - Canada's version of ModCloth. Based in London, Ontario, Dress911 offers dresses. Cute, racy, indie, retro, party, prom, or casual. Juniors and plus sizes available. I got a great sundress here at an amazing price.
- Dynamite - A great place for inexpensive trendy pieces. Quality isn't the best, but you can find some great deals. One of my favourite cardigan sweaters is from Dynamite! Free shipping on all orders.
- Gap - My favourite stop for casual basics like sweaters, tee's, and jeans. Free shipping on orders over $50 and free returns by mail.
- Hudson's Bay - Quintessential Canadian. I'm a big fan of the HBC Collection Signature Stripe products (I love the umbrella and tote bags). Their women's contemporary shop includes affordable favourites like Topshop, Dex, and Dorothy Perkins, as well as premium labels like Joie, Free People, Theory, and Pink Tartan. Free shipping on orders over $99 and easy returns in-store.
- Le Chateau - A Montreal original! Le Chateau is a great place for "trendy" work wear and party wear. Much of it is Canadian made.
- Live Out There - Outdoor & Travel clothing & gear. Based in Calgary. 100% Canadian. Free shipping and free returns. Get $30 off your first $100+ full price purchase using this link. This is one of my favourite sites. For those that are into athletic, outdoor, and travel clothing, this is the number one source in Canada.
- Lole - Founded in Quebec, this is one of my favourite sources for fitness and travel wear. They also make fantastic bathing suits. Free shipping & returns.
- LuLulemon - A Vancouver original! I wouldn't be a good Vancouverite if I didn't include this one on my list. I love their Wunder Under tights. Free shipping on all orders!
- Mountain Equipment Co-Op - The original Canadian outdoor retailer. Free shipping with $50+ purchase. Easy returns by mail or in-store. MEC is my second favourite source for travel and outdoor gear. Their end of season clearance sales can't be missed.
- Old Navy - Free shipping on orders over $50 and free returns. I often order many things, in different sizes, try them in the comfort of my home, then return what doesn't work. It's a great place to get basics like tanks and tees. Regular sales make it even better.
- Reitman's - Great source for "business casual" office appropriate clothing. Flat rate shipping and free returns in store. This is a Canadian company!
- Ricki's - Home of my absolute favourite jeans. The Brooke Power Stretch Slim Jean changed my life. Discounted shipping on orders above $40.
- RW & Co - A great source for business and dressier attire. Flat rate shipping of $7.50 per order.
- ShoeMe.ca - Over 200 brands and free shipping over $100.
- Simons - Originally from Quebec, Simons now has a store in West Vancouver. They have a bit of everything. Clothing for men and women. Affordable brands and designer labels. Trendy styles or timeless looks. I haven't purchased anything yet, but I spend lots of wasted hours online "window shopping". Free shipping on orders over $100.
Gifts & Home
- Beyond the Rack - Along with having a fantastic selection of footware and apparel, their home goods flash sales are too good to miss.
- Chapters - Indigo - Easily my favourite store ever. Books, gifts, gourmet food, luxurious housewares and home decor items. Free shipping on orders over $25.
- Elua - A Canadian source for everything water. Find water purification products, water bottles, drink mixes, and other water related products. Free shipping over $99.
- Jule's Wellness - Readers of my site will know Jule's Wellness for their monthly lifestyle subscription box. They also have an online shop that offers wonderful green products for beauty, health, and home.
- Little Blue Canoe - Artisan products from across Canada. Little Blue Canoe curates Canada!
- Nineteen Ten - A home boutique based in Vancouver, Nineteen Ten has a wide collection of modern, vintage, upcycled, and handmade items by local and international designers. I love their "Canadian Made" section. Free shipping over $150.
- Urban Barn - Canadian home decor accents, textiles, and furniture. Online ordering available, along with stores across Canada. It's contempory style with quality design.
- Wayfair.ca - A flash deal site for your home... everything from décor, bedding, and furniture to lighting, outdoor, and home improvement products. Free shipping over $75. All duties included.
- Well.ca - Canada's online destination for health, home, baby, and beauty. They offer small appliances, green cleaning supplies, kitchen gadgets, and more. Until January 30, 2017 - save $10 off an order of $40+ using code cdnbox1
What are your favourite sites for on-line shopping in Canada? I'm always on the hunt for new and interesting clothing and home goods sites. Let me know in the comments below!